Quote of the Moment

There was something in her movements that made you think she never walked but always DANCED!
~L.M. Montgomery

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Waffle Weave Scarf

I promised more details about my waffle weave scarf.  I used this pattern from Lion Brand: Waffle Stitch Scarf but made some alterations to it.  I used Red Heart Blue and Turqua per the Scarf Project for Special Olympics guidelines.  Using Blue as my main color and turqua as the accent.  I started the scarf with blue, following the pattern, then at about four inches into the pattern I added a band of 4 rows of Single crochet in turqa then continued the waffle pattern.  When I got to 4 inches from my goal length of 60 inches, I added the second band. I finished off the pattern and proceeded to weave a double strand of Turqua on both sides of the scarf in the squares formed by the waffle pattern, leaving long strands at the end, for tying off and fringe.  I then went back between the lengths of turqua with the blue filling in the fringe. Pretty simple, but kicked up the style a bit.  I am very happy with how this one came out, and I think when I am done with my goal for the scarf project I will have to make myself one as well. 


2 comments: